Monday, December 12, 2011

Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

One of the perks of living near the beach is the (potentially) endless supply of dinner right there at your front door. However, on the weekends I would certainly prefer to stay warm in my bed regaining the school-induced lack of sleep than to wake up at 5 to "hit the good spots" as my husband says. I am certainly on no road leading to expert angler anytime soon. And, until recently neither of the Scull men were either. They would trudge out early in the morning and kayak or boat over around Queen's Creek in hopes of reeling in "the big one." I was pretty convinced that a curse stronger than the bambino plagued the Scull patriarchs. With favorable conditions and some new found contraption called a jig hook it seems that the curse was finally broken which made me glad for a number of reasons. First, my husband and father-in-law didn't come home in a fowl, cussing-laden mood but more importantly was the food that followed.
Brett gave me the treat of taking the night off from culinary experimentation and instead grilled up the freshest and most delicious trout I had ever tasted. Lucky me!

Brett's Lemon & Butter Trout

2 filets of trout, deboned, skin left on

2tblsp butter
1 lemon
Cajun seasoning

1. Melt the butter in a large grill pan (or regular frying pan if not possible) over medium-high heat.
2. Liberally season the trout on both sides with the Cajun seasoning.
3. Pan fry trout for about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Add the juice of the lemon 1 minute before finished.
5. Serve with additional lemon wedges

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment